Sunday, November 14, 2010

Episode 12: Applesauceomeness

TWO POSTS IN ONE WEEKEND! This is nuts.

Okay so I realized I have too many apples from picking them at the orchard over a month ago, so I decided to make applesauce.

I was also inspired by my brother Pat ( HI PAT! ) and his girlfriend Lora ( HI LORA! ), I remember they made a fuckton of applesauce and applebutter last year with their 90-some apples they picked. That's some serious apple fixings!

Recipe from this food blog:  http://sweetpeaskitchen.com/2010/07/28/homemade-applesauce/


Ingredients:

  • 4 apples – peeled, cored and chopped (Golden Delicious, Granny Smith, Fuji, Jonathan, Mcintosh)
  • 3/4 cup water
  • 1/4 cup white sugar
  • 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon (or one 3 inch cinnamon stick)

Directions:

  1. Put all ingredients into a large pot. Cover. Bring to boil. Lower heat and simmer for 20-30 minutes, or until apples are soft.
  2. Remove from heat. Mash with potato masher or fork until desired consistency.
----------I didn't peel the apples because I forgot, don't really know how, and because I like the skin so WHATEVER-------------

 my bare hands picked these. from trees. yeah.
one apple
four apples. put in pot. add ingrediants.  easy as pie!
WHICH makes me think that I should make apple pie with the others..mmm 

mash using potato masher or your fave way/utensil to mash. store in fridge. 

there you go, done. don't even need to sprinkle cinnamon sugar on this business.
night, guys

Who wants to buy me a bigger cutting board?COOL

ALSO------I wouldn't waste your time peeling the apples to make this, it really tastes great with the skin!  But if you wanna be a real go getter theeeeeeeeeen
do it.







No comments:

Post a Comment