Saturday, October 9, 2010

Episode 8: hee hoo HUMMUS

HAY. so I went home for a night (without said cutiez) and made some delicious hummus because, well, I've been hankerin' to make this for.. days

plus the momz has a food processor and the cristinz does not.

anyways, I got the recipe via foodgawker. which linked me to this blog:
http://edible-moments.blogspot.com/2010/05/secret-recipes-and-hummus.html

the chick calls it the Best Hummus You Will Ever Eat
I am all about superlatives, so naturally I choose this one.  if you are too lazy to click the link, then here's the 'pee


The Best Hummus You Will Ever Eat

1/4 cup tahini (sesame paste)
3 tbsp fresh lemon juice
3 tbsp olive oil
2 or 2 cloves of garlic (minced)
1/2 tsp ground cumin ( I have never had this on hand and have thus never used it...but it tastes great without so its ok if you don't use it either)
1/2 tsp salt
1/4 tsp hot sauce
1 1/2 cups of canned chick peas, drained and rinsed

Directions:

1. Combine all ingredients in a food processor and puree. Place in bowl, sprinkle with paprika, and serve with pita wedges and chopped veggies.





now, I certainly DID use the cumin and you should too damnit! well I mean I guess I wouldn't know, but do whateva.






look at those 'greediants
I LOVE GARLIC
supa easy, kids!
it made 1 1/2 of those containers. yeah.
blade o' glory
mom is so delighted
& don't forget the paprika! it looks like twice baked potatoes!

OKAY get out your pita bread, guys






No comments:

Post a Comment